All children in Denmark are guaranteed a place in a childcare institution. Almost all Danish families use child daycare. The Municipality of Bornholm offers childcare guarantee for children from 26 weeks up to and including 3rd grade.
The childcare services on Bornholm each have their own specific pedagogical profile, but it is equally important for all:
- that children and families are met with openness, understanding and recognition
- that your child feels safe and is having fun
- to have a close and good parenting collaboration
- to have a stimulating and learning-rich environment for the children
- to focus on creativity and outdoor activities
On Bornholm, there are:
- 11 private childcare services. Click here to learn more (it is in Danish).
Public childcare is partly financed by the parents, partly by the municipality. Prices differ depending on the type of childcare:
Sign up for childcare
It is quick and easy to sign up your child for an institution at our self-service solution. Here you can also see the status of your application, unsubscribe your child or apply for an economic free place grant (Danish: Økonomisk friplads tilskud). Click here: Digital placement service (Danish: Digital Pladsanvisning) (The self Service requires Nem-ID) (link til NemID under Getting Started).
Before you may apply for an economic free place grant (Danish: Økonomisk friplads tilskud), please go to www.brk.dk – Pladsanvisning where you will find information in English on the matter. Look for the bar: Information about economic free place grant.
If you need assistance for your application, you are welcome at Citizen Service (Danish: Borgerservice) - Addresses and opening hours or at Placement Service (Danish: Pladsanvisningen).
Enroll your child as soon as possible. A waiting list is not unusual.