Find a job
- www.jobindex.dk collects available jobs from around 500 other databases. You can search for jobs and add your CV to the database.
- www.jobnet.dk is part of the Danish Ministry of Employment and is the online version of the jobcentre in the municipalities. You can search for jobs and add your CV to the database. (Requires NemID)
- www.workindenmark.dk - Jobs for your spouse. Workindenmark is a public employment service and is part of the Danish Ministry of Employment and member of European Employment Service (EURES). Besides from the opportunity to search for jobs and to add your CV to the database, Workindenmark offers information in English when looking for a job in Denmark: You can watch tutorials and follow e-learnings about how to make a CV and application adapted to the Danish context. Additionally, you can read about the Danish labour market, working culture and much more.
- Facebook.com – Group: Job på Bornholm contain official as well as more unofficial job advertisements. As a member, you also have the opportunity to let the other members know who you are, and what kind of job you might be looking for.
- Next stop Bornholm: Besides from the advice and counseling you can get from your Newcomer Guide, Rune Holm from Next stop Bornholm is also here to help you. Send him your CV and maybe he knows where your next job is. See more on their website and on Facebook - Næste stop Bornholm.
Looking for a job from abroad? (For EU citizens)
EURES (European Employment Service) is a service for you who are looking for a job in another EU country. On their web site you will find jobs abroad and relevant information when looking for a job abroad. The web page can be translated into 26 different languages.
If you possess a diploma, degree or certificate from your home country, you can apply for an assessment.
An assessment is a brief statement saying what your foreign qualification corresponds to in Denmark: Which educational level and, if possible, which field of education.
You can have your diploma, degree or certificate assessed and recognized in various ways. The assessment will clarify your opportunities and increase your chances:
- On the labor market
- In the educational system
- On becoming a member of an unemployment fund
The assessment is free of charge but does not include translation of documents.
It is the Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education that provides assessments of foreign qualifications. Go to the Danish Agency for Science and Higher Education - Foreign qualifications.
Bornholm – A network based society
Besides from the formal way of finding a job (searching and applying online), there is the informal way. Bornholm is a relatively small island where people know each other. Therefore, do what you can to expand your personal network.
One way to get started is to ask other newcomers for advice. The Facebook Group Bornholm Internationals is for all foreign newcomers, their relatives and friends. Here you meet other foreign citizens living on Bornholm. The members help each other with practical matters, as well as inform about social events.
Another way to expands one's network is to participate in the local associations. On Bornholm, there are over 2000 to choose from. Click here to see a selected list of the associations: Associations on Bornholm. Due to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the list does not contain contact information. This information can be found via www.google.com.
Local civic associations (Danish: Borgerforeninger)
Nearly all towns on Bornholm has its own civic association (Danish: Borgerforening). The civic associations consist of committed local people, who know what is going on in their local area and on Bornholm in general. You can make contact to them and learn more (it is in Danish): www.borgerforeninger.dk - Medlemsforeninger.
Voluntary work (Danish: Frivilligt arbejde)
One way to expand your network, boost your Danish language skills and competences is to do voluntary work. You can look for voluntary work here:
- Contact the Voluntary Consultant of the Municipality Birgitte Eybye: email@example.com, Phone 0045 56 92 60 56. Address: Helsevej 4, 1. Sal, 3700 Rønne.